[okfn-help] Videos of OKFN Talks

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 16 11:24:26 UTC 2012

On 9 January 2012 10:05, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm collating a list of videos of people talking on behalf o the OKFN to go
> on the WIki. If you know of a video of yourself or someone else at the OKFN
> talking at an event, could you reply to this email with a link please or add
> it to the recommended viewing section of the Wiki
> [here](http://wiki.okfn.org/Handbook/Recommended_Reading).

Questions: I imagine the Recommended Reading section is going to be
kept quite focused (the 'best' stuff). Could be useful to add general
links elsewhere e.g.  at http://wiki.okfn.org/Presentations

If we are going down the route of pulling together general talks
materla (videos etc) I'm always a little sceptical of curated lists
unless they are supposed to be absolutely top stuff because they go
out of date so quickly. I'd prefer something like an agreed tag for
blog posts. E.g. see:

http://rufuspollock.org/tags/talks/
http://blog.okfn.org/category/talks/ <--- unfortunately here we have
many 'external' talks (need to be stricter on categories ;-0

A nice one on Open Biblio (only one there in category talks):
http://openbiblio.net/2011/04/06/talk-at-uksg-2011-conference-on-open-bibliography/

A related activity that would be very useful would be downloading and
caching on OKFN vimeo account or archive.org some OKFN presentations
that are hosted elsewhere (and which might disappear). Digging around
I found:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rufus+pollock+ogd+2011&oq=rufus+pollock+ogd+2011&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=14837l19197l0l19275l29l26l3l14l1l0l181l874l7.2l9l0

Rufus