[okfn-help] [OKFN-LOCAL-coord] How to host public OKFN documents and templates?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Wed Mar 7 11:43:55 UTC 2012

2012/3/7 Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>:

>> On windows I use TortoiseGit: http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
>>
>> btw isn't it all about the love ;-) let us just all love the things we use
>> ourselves but not hate the things that are used by others. Makes life a lot
>> easier!

For Linux, this stackeroverflow thread has some tips

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1516720/git-gui-client-for-linux

I don't have time to test now and I think I won't leave my fancy
terminal screen, but if everybody is happy with these graphical user
interfaces, so git is nice.

I think if some non-techy person prefer commons.wikimedia.org than a
GUI for git, should speak up now.

In the future we could try some integration between a git repository
and Wikimedia Commons.

And nice, from a possible flame war, we finished talking about love -
oh, Shakeaspeare land. :)

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)