[okfn-help] OKFN mailman server slow to deliver e-mails?

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Mon Jan 21 09:35:11 UTC 2013

Tom,

There seems to be some delay for me as well. So I'd assume its similar.
There does seem to be a 10 minute delay in the OKFN mail servers - the
headers suggest this.

Michael

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 11:48:07AM -0200, Everton Zanella Alvarenga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it my impression or it is taking a long time to OKFN mailman
> servers to deliver e-mails? I was suspicious about that, but now I
> made a small test that maybe confirmed this. I sent an e-mail to
> okfn-br and open-government mainling lists and it took about 1 hour to
> arrive on my mail box. I saw the archive and the e-mail was already
> archive.
>
> These days I sent a news to open-science (I check before if someone
> had sent, but I saw nothing) that was already sent by my brother -
> actually, he told me the news we both shared.
>
> Just pointing this out in case someone perceived something similar.
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
> Open Knowledge Foundation Brasil
> Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
> http://br.okfn.org

Data Wrangler with the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN.org)
GPG/PGP key: http://tentacleriot.eu/mihi.asc
Twitter: @mihi_tr Skype: mihi_tr