[okfn-help] Important: HTML tags being removed on OKFN sites

Bobby Donovan bobby.donovan at okfn.org
Thu Mar 7 16:16:44 UTC 2013

I did reply on the trac ticket, a copy of that response is below. I'm on a
deadline today so I probably won't have a chance to look again until
tomorrow.

Without yet doing a thorough investigation, I suspect it relates to a
mixture of these 2 functions/capabilities in WP.
1) wp_kses - takes care of filtering out html tags that aren't allowed,
which by default is most of them.
2) unfiltered_html - controls which users have the ability to get around
the wp_kses function.

Wordpress feels most users need saving from themselves when it comes to
html tags.

I can ensure that certain users (or users of a certain role) have
unfiltered html ability.

I will investigate the version control plugin you linked in your email [1],
I have not used it before. Though I'm hesitant at first as I suspect if it
works similarly to post revisions, the database size could grow rapidly and
maybe cause further performance issues with our host.

1 -  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/version-control