[okfn-hu] Hungarian company register?

stef stefan.marsiske at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 09:38:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:29:54PM +0200, Béky Miklós wrote:
> as soon as our founding is clarified we are going to parse the

what if it will not be clarified, are there any results already that we can
reuse if the project will not get funded? is the code out there somewhere? is
it free?

> government's public procurement information from pdf files and other
> sources using content patterns until some standard format (
> preferrably json ) will be available.

how are you parsing the pdfs? will it be manual labor?

> we also plan to put basic
> company register information of the monitored organizations. we will
> collect these from one of the "redistributors" since that will result
> in traffic (and so income) for them when we link their service for
> more detailed company register info. however it would be nice to
> access and link these data drectly if it will be accessible for free
> in any other way.

i do not like this idea, any data commisioned by public funding must be
public, we cannot send them traffic and profit using this mechanism. i believe
this must be changed fundamentally, and not by legitimizing their crooked
business practices.

> regarding the actual question as far as I know the "second market
> redistributor companies" protect themselfs both legaly and with a
> captcha on the net, so you cannot fetch all the data and put it online
> for free, as David mentioned before the current situation is already a
> step forward even if it could be pushed further.

we can do decentralized scraping (flockscrape) or captcha proxying - your site
serves captchas of the target site, and your users are transparently solving
those captchas.

> our site is in deep alpha right now with some press information and
> base data from www.k-monitor.hu, so it may be slow and the current
> data is from the last few months, so there is not too much hystorical
> info in it, but it may worth a few clicks:
>
> Hungarian ui:
> http://hazaitop.addig.hu/
>
> in progress English ui:
> http://en.hazaitop.addig.hu/
> ( translating and localizing the project for other countries could be
> also a way of extending this kind of approach )

is the code free and available somewhere to try this?
have you looked into http://code.littlesis.org/ for some inspirations?

cheers,s

--
gpg: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
gpg fp: F617 AC77 6E86 5830 08B8  BB96 E7A4 C6CF A84A 7140