[okfn-hu] property register

stef stefan.marsiske at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:17:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 02:45:48PM +0200, Peter Gervai wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 20:44, stef <stefan.marsiske at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.takarnet.hu/
>
> It is a _big_ money source for the property offices and several lawyers.

unfortunately this seems to be the case.

> As for government created map data in general we have a pretty nice
> mess, since most city in Hungary have local building and area policies
> ("rendezési terv") which contains building law text as well as the
> complete mapping data. The mapping is usually paid in full by the
> local govt but the result is most often copyrighted by the company who
> create it (for govt money, again). These sometimes incorporated into
> official mapping webpages, which are often opn but not free at all.

this argument might be useful in a public campaign.

> A few examples:
> http://terkep.fkf.hu/
> http://terkep.budapest.hu/
> http://terkep.debrecen.hu/

incredibly lame UI

> http://szabrendterv.debrecen.hu/SERVER_ROOT/html/projects/debrecen/main.php

this one uses openstreetmap.

> http://geo.kvvm.hu/tir/viewer.htm
> http://terkep.varosterkep.hu/map/

this seems pretty detailed.

> > also very useful for tracking wealth and property shenanigans like "savoly"
>
> Sure, it would be generally useful, since nearly anyone who wants to
> buy or rent a property have to pay for getting the information. :-D
> But I'm sure they'll share enormous numbers with you labeled
> "operation costs".

oh, but those numbers can be debunked, no?

--
gpg: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
gpg fp: F617 AC77 6E86 5830 08B8  BB96 E7A4 C6CF A84A 7140