[okfn-hu] Planning for open data workshop in Budapest, 20th May

Csaba Madarász madarasz.csaba at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:51:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am wondering the good stuff, that can give birth this conversation. At
least, Peter started to put his thoughts on the etherpad...
Slowly, we are realizing, who is here. It is obviously a strange situation,
when we use English to communicate in our country, between ourselves...
Anyhow, the date is approaching, and as far as I know, we have a really
loose agenda, even according to barcamps/sicamps whatever..

I also agree, that there are several factors around this story, which are
not trust strenghtening...
I think, there is an information gap, between invited NGO players (who has
attended to the Budapest Workshop) and "not-invited" users of this list.
This is not really healty. How to balance this?

I think the web offers a lot to facilitate collaboration, before personal
meeting -this is one of it's biggest strenght. However, without know who is
here on this list, is like sitting in a dark room, and trying to find out,
who is there..

So, lights up! Who is here? All of us who is here will come to the event?

One of my small ideas is to continue the open data film, with some Hungarian
focus.
Ideally, I would like to have a corner, where we can record our opinion,
about some open data issues.
At the end of  the day, we will find ourselves, that cooperation offers much
better possibilities - than going for the "one" alone.
I think one of the core issues is, if we can find the common ground for
common action.

Sharing is caring..

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mcsaba>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/csabam> Blog
RSS<http://pep-net.eu/members/civkol/activity/feed,http://pep-net.eu/members/citizensnetwork/activity/feed,>
Twitter <http://www.tiwitter.com/kiazami>
Contact me: Google Talk/madarasz.csaba, Skype/bpanther360