[OKFN-IN] Fwd: Come join me at OA Week 2012 Kick Off Webcast on Open Access Week

Sridhar Gutam gutam2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 05:42:58 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Higginbotham <events at openaccessweek.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 19:12:15 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Come join me at OA Week 2012 Kick Off Webcast on Open Access Week
To: "gutam2000 at gmail.com" <gutam2000 at gmail.com>

Open Access Week:
Andrea Higginbotham has invited you to the event 'OA Week 2012 Kick
Off Webcast' on Open Access Week!
--------------------

It's a kickoff Webcast for this year's Open Access Week. We have three
distinguished speakers who will showcase the state of open access in
their respective countries.

Time: June 19, 2012 from 10am to 11am
Location: Washington, DC / Worldwide
Organized By: SPARC:

Event Description:
SPARC (the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition)
announces this year's theme is "Set the Default to Open Access" for
Open Access Week (October 22 – 28, 2010). Our first online event to
launch this year’s events will be a webcast with three speakers who
will showcase the state of open access in each of their countries.

Please join us Tuesday June 19th at 10am Eastern US Time! RSVP at
http://sparc.arl.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=108. (Please use
this helpful converter to make sure you log in at the right time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html).
Our speakers are: 1. Dr Reggie Raju, Director of IT Services &
Communication, US Library & Information Service Stellenbosch
University, South Africa  2. Heather Joseph, Executive Director of
SPARC in the United States  3. Iryna Kuchma, is program manager at
EIFL Open Access in Ukraine To accommodate interest in every time
zone, this 1-hour event will be recorded and available on our website
shortly afterwards. With 1432 participants in 92 countries, the 2011
Open Access Week (OAW) participation grew leaps and bounds from the
previous year. We are excited that so many positive developments are
happening across the globe. Let us know what you are planning for this
year's events. Become a member, create a group, and start planning.
Make sure to say you are participating in this year's events. And
please ask questions and let us know if there are resources that we
can provide to help you create a more well rounded OA Week event!

See more details and RSVP on Open Access Week:
http://openaccessweek.org/events/event/show?id=5385115%3AEvent%3A65596&xgi=5dTrpv33mmcbiO&xg_source=msg_invite_event

If your email program doesn't recognize the web address above as an active link,
please copy and paste it into your web browser
--------------------

About Open Access Week
A global event, now in its 6th year, promoting Open Access as a new
norm in scholarship and research.

2726 members
985 photos
133 videos
100 discussions
341 Events
295 blog posts

--------------------

To control which emails you receive on Open Access Week, or to opt-out, go to:
http://openaccessweek.org/profiles/profile/emailSettings?xg_source=msg_invite_event

Sridhar Gutam PhD, ARS, Patent Laws (NALSAR), IP & Biotech. (WIPO)
Senior Scientist (Plant Physiology) Central Institute for Subtropical
Horticulture <http://www.cishlko.org>
Joint Secretary, Agricultural Research Service Scientists'
Forum<http://www.icar.org.in/en/node/1168>
Convener, Open Access India <https://www.facebook.com/oaindia>
Rehmankhera, Kakori Post
Lucknow 227107, Uttar Pradesh, India
Phone: +91-522-2841022/23/24; Fax: +91-522-2841025
Mobile:+91-9005760036/8005346136
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/sridhar_gutam/
Google Scholar:
http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=6W1MSSwAAAAJ&pagesize=100&view_op=list_works&is_public_preview=1