Nuala Haughey nhaughey at tasc.ie
Tue Feb 25 14:46:23 UTC 2014

Dear all,

There will NOT be a meeting of the OGP Civil Society Forum tonight. The next meeting of the Civil Society Forum will be held on Tuesday 4th March 2014 at 17.30 in Tasc's offices on 14-15 Parliament Street. The newly appointed CS Forum administrator, Claire O'Keeffe, will attend that meeting. Claire will start working tomorrow and her email address is claire at ogpireland.ie

The next meeting of the DPER/CSO Joint Working Group will be Thursday 6 March. The last meeting of the Joint Working Group was held on Thursday 20 February. Below are the action points. Flora, did you circulate your draft notes of that meeting already?

OGP Joint Working Group Meeting – 11.30am 20/02/14
Action Points
Location: Room G4, 14 – 16 Merrion Street, Dublin 2

Civil Society Members present: Anne Colgan, Andrew Jackson, Denis Parfenov, Nuala Haughey, Antoin Ó Lachtnain, Flora Fleischer

Civil Service Members Present: William Beausang (PER), Evelyn O’Connor (PER), Claire Martinez (PER), Conor McCann (PER), Donal Enright (D/Environment, Community & Local Government).

A number of action points emerged from this meeting, the third gathering of the OGP Joint Working group, continuing the collaborative process of drafting Ireland’s first OGP National Action plan.

•         The meeting raised the issue of a potential conflict between the adoption of the G8 Open Data Charter and the proposed approach to the introduction of a post code system for Ireland. D/PER representatives agreed to consult with colleagues from the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources to determine the updated position on this issue.
•         D/PER representatives are continuing work on tabular response to the 62 proposals put forward in the Civil Society report. It was agreed that the next meeting of the joint working group should be scheduled following the receipt of this feedback and its consideration by the civil society forum.
•         In the interim work will continue on the draft outline document in light of the detailed feedback given at the meeting on the content on the earlier draft  
•         D/PER undertook to look into the issue raised by civil society representatives and included in the civil society report regarding the resourcing of the Office of the Information Commissioner, the Office of the Environmental Information Commissioner, the Office of the Ombudsman and the C&AG

More information about the okfn-irl mailing list