[Okfn-irl] January meetup, Cork City, Open Education... Happy 2014!

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at okfirl.org
Wed Jan 8 08:32:26 UTC 2014

Hello and Happy New Year!

It's 2014 and it is time to make things happen again.

Live in Cork? Open Data Ireland Meetup #12 is coming to you and this time
we are planning to discuss and lay out a virtual foundation for ‘Open
Education’:
http://irl.okfn.org/2013/12/20/invitation-meetup-12-cork-open-data-and-education-in-ireland/.
The event will take place on Thursday, 23d January 2013. Registration page:
https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/meetup-12.

**HELP NEEDED: we still do not have a venue confirmed for this event and
would be thankful for support of Cork open data community with identifying
and booking a suitable venue.**

Up next in February everybody will have a chance to participate in the 1st
ever Ireland Booksprint! To mark the International Open Data
Day<http://opendataday.org/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter>(Sat,
22nd February 2013) we aim to initiate the development of educational
material for ‘Introduction to Programming’.

Venue: TBC

Registration page:
https://tito.io/open-data-ireland/international-open-data-day-in-ireland---feb-22nd

New Year’s resolution: No excuses :-)

Best,

Denis
@prfnv
--

*"Open data is the public library of the 21st century"*
*http://www.opendata.ie/