[Okfn-irl] Next Steps for OGP in Ireland?

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at okfirl.org
Wed Jan 8 08:47:34 UTC 2014

**Apologies for any cross-posting**

Dear Conor,

 Once again, thank you for sharing news regarding the plans to hold the OGP
Europe Regional
Meeting<http://per.gov.ie/2014/01/06/ireland-to-host-open-government-partnership-ogp-europe-regional-meeting-in-2014/>in
Dublin in May 2013. I believe we have a fantastic opportunity to
increase awareness about OGP and opportunities for Open Data in Ireland.

I would like to draw your attention to an absence of response on Nat
O’Connor’s letter<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21topic/open-government-ireland/x3rsP2DwWq0>dated
22nd November 2013, where an ad-hoc group of civil society members
outlined a suggested way forward in terms of the collaboration between
government and civil society on the development of the first Irish National
Action plan.

Also, I would like to bring to your attention that at the meeting between
DPER and representatives of civil society on June
26th<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21topic/open-government-ireland/3XxjHe22aJo>we
discussed the importance of public deliberation online. Subsequently,
we
looked at suitability of four
platforms<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21topic/open-government-ireland/3XxjHe22aJo>suggested
by the OGP and Global Integrity and established that
http://crowdhall.com/ is the most adequate for us. As a result we have set
up an instance of ‘Crowdhall’ specifically for the Irish OGP consultation
process: http://crowdhall.com/h/52

This platform can be useful for the public online deliberation of the
62+10<http://per.gov.ie/open-government-partnership-ogp/>suggestions
generated during the initial consultation process that took
place between July and September 2013. Crowdhall allows for the generation
of a unique URL for each one of the action plan items.  This can facilitate
a public deliberation on each commitment online and an ability for civil
society to rate and rank commitments.
For example, Fingal County Council: Submission to Open Government
Partnership Ireland Consultation: https://crowdhall.com/h/52/p/402 (tweet:
https://twitter.com/opengovIRL/status/420663295754792960)

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Denis Parfenov

--

Denis Parfenov // OKF Ambassador for Ireland // m: +353863850044 //
@prfnv<https://twitter.com/prfnv>//