[Okfn-irl] [OKFN-Local-Coord] Open Data in AsiaPac : Your Plans and Experiences

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at okfirl.org
Wed Jan 8 18:12:52 UTC 2014

Happy new year, Rufus and Mart!

This excellent stuff is very timely for us. Thank you for sharing, Rufus!

Mart - best of luck!

Regards,

Denis

On 8 January 2014 18:03, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Mart (changing to cc'ing okfn-local-coord)
>
> This sounds marvellous! Do you need any example slide decks - we have
> several pre-prepared including a template deck:
>
> - Recent slides of mine<http://notebook.okfn.org/2013/12/10/talk-by-rufus-pollock-at-open-data-holyrood/>used in a talk (I've got lots more if useful) (I've also got audio for that
> talk)
>  - Template for slides: http://goo.gl/1YIN4
>
> If you are looking to point people at things they can get involved in:
>
> - Open Data Census - http://census.okfn.org/ - find out (and track) state
> of open data in your country. It would be great to get more coverage and
> we're also thinking of having local or regional ones (track state of open
> data in your cities ... etc)
> - For tech folks - Open Knowledge Foundation Labs http://okfnlabs.org/
> - Open Spending - http://openspending.org/
> - Start a Local Group - http://okfn.org/local/
>
> Let me know if I should share more!
>
> Rufus
>

> On 8 January 2014 11:35, Mart van de Ven <m at type.hk> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Thanks to Rufus, I've been invited to deliver a talk on *Open Data and
>> Government Accountability* at the Make a Difference conference, Hong
>> Kong's version of TED. The conference will have over 1000 people in
>> attendance. The crowd is mostly in their 20s hailing from over 160 cities
>> in the AsiaPac region. So this is a fantastic opportunity to inspire the
>> attendants to go back to their home towns and kindle hundreds of little
>> fires across the Asia Pacific Region.
>>
>> Image just a fraction of this
>>
>> [image: Inline images 1]
>>
>> brining the Open Data to their cities. Now, I'd love to share stories
>> from their country, and connect them with OKFn ambassadors and groups
>> already active in their geographies. There's a 3 hour sharing session after
>> the talk which will be great to highlight the various advances you've
>> already made. So if you could share some of your upcoming projects, or
>> point me to blog posts about past ones, I'd happily take them with me.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Mart
>>
>> Ps. I've collated all the emails from the relevant OKFn local pages,
>> please forward to the interested parties I've missed out on.
>>

> --
>

> * Rufus Pollock Founder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
> @rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock> The Open Knowledge
> Foundation <http://okfn.org/> Empowering through Open Knowledge
> http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF
> on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |  Blog
> <http://blog.okfn.org/>  |  Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter> *

Denis Parfenov // OKF Ambassador for Ireland // m: +353863850044 //
@prfnv<https://twitter.com/prfnv>//
http://okfirl.org/
 The Open Knowledge Foundation Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> <http://irl.okfn.org>