[Okfn-irl] OGP Civil society meeting - tomorrow at 5.30p.m. in TASC's offices

Jonathan Victory sandufilms at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:17:53 UTC 2014

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it tonight. In case I can't, I think it's
worth reviewing the idea of maybe taking the 5 most popular proposals from
each group. I've attached the results tables Nuala provided us. I know we
wanted to emphasise the importance of each and every proposal but looking
at the results I'd be personally happy with focusing on promoting the Top 5
from each. It's arbitrary and not ideal but it's a more manageable number
of policies to develop. If I make it to the meeting tonight I'd be happy to
hear different views on this. If I can't, I just wanted to suggest it here.

I would just say that 'Abolish FOI fees' and 'Review FOI legislation' are
lower on the Transparency table but I remember us discussing that they
should be of paramount importance. I think what I would advocate at this
stage is having the Top 5 policies from each group as well as a united
demand of all groups for top-notch FOI legislation. That really has to be
the priority otherwise an "Open Government" with bad FOI is a joke.

All the best,
Jonathan Victory