[Okfn-irl] OGP Civil society meeting - tomorrow at 5.30p.m. in TASC's offices

Flora Fleischer daydreamer2105 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:54:08 UTC 2014

Thanks for sharing the results tables Jonathan.  Will keep your points up
for discussion surely.  We'll keep notes and I'm sure discussion will
continue online.

Flora
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it tonight. In case I can't, I think it's
worth reviewing the idea of maybe taking the 5 most popular proposals from
each group. I've attached the results tables Nuala provided us. I know we
wanted to emphasise the importance of each and every proposal but looking
at the results I'd be personally happy with focusing on promoting the Top 5
from each. It's arbitrary and not ideal but it's a more manageable number
of policies to develop. If I make it to the meeting tonight I'd be happy to
hear different views on this. If I can't, I just wanted to suggest it here.

I would just say that 'Abolish FOI fees' and 'Review FOI legislation' are
lower on the Transparency table but I remember us discussing that they
should be of paramount importance. I think what I would advocate at this
stage is having the Top 5 policies from each group as well as a united
demand of all groups for top-notch FOI legislation. That really has to be
the priority otherwise an "Open Government" with bad FOI is a joke.

All the best,
Jonathan Victory