[Okfn-irl] The web is 25 today.

Denis Parfenov denis.parfenov at okfirl.org
Wed Mar 12 14:00:41 UTC 2014

Dear all,

25 years ago Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web and hardly
anyone could imagine the role the Web plays in our daily lives today.

However...

"Unless we have an open, neutral
internet<http://www.theguardian.com/technology/internet>we can rely on
without worrying about what's happening at the back door, we
can't have open government, good democracy, good healthcare, connected
communities and diversity of culture. It's not naive to think we can have
that, but it is naive to think we can just sit back and get it."

- Sir Tim Berners-Lee

(
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/12/online-magna-carta-berners-lee-web
)

Best regards,

--

Denis Parfenov | OKF Ambassador for Ireland | m: +353863850044 |
@prfnv<https://twitter.com/prfnv>

The Open Knowledge Foundation Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/
 <http://okfn.org/> <http://irl.okfn.org>