[okfn-it] [ogdcamp] Call for lightening talks & participation in the Government Linked Data Workshop in Warsaw - Oct 20th, 2011

Federico Morando federico.morando a polito.it
Lun 10 Ott 2011 14:19:27 UTC

Bene Signori, io invierei una proposta, secondo lo schema qui sotto.
Input graditissimi:

Title *
*Opening-up data in Italy: some concrete stuff that worked*

Abstract * not exceeding 250 words
*The presentation will quickly introduce the audience to a set of
already implemented, tangible examples (with related URIs) showing the
(realized) potential of open government data.
... VOSTRO AIUTO PER ELENCARE SOMMARIAMENTE LE COSE DA DIRE...

* Form of Presentation *

     plain speech
*    slideshow (PPT, Prezi, HTML)*
     online
     Video

Name & Biography of the proposer
*- Michele Barbera
- Federico Morando*

Organisation *
*- OKFN-IT* (salvo obiezioni)
(altre affiliazioni menzionate nelle bio sopra)

Website, Blog or Social Network *
*- http://it.okfn.org/*

Country *
*- Italy*

Grazie e ciao,

Federico

PS (considerate che questo è il formato:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFZSOW5ZbUJQWm1oS084bFNzQ2Rrd3c6MQ#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFZSOW5ZbUJQWm1oS084bFNzQ2Rrd3c6MQ#gid=0>)

* Required

Title *

Abstract * not exceeding 250 words

Form of Presentation *

     plain speech
     slideshow (PPT, Prezi, HTML)
     online
     Video

Name *

Biography of the proposer not exceeding 250 words.

Organisation *

Website, Blog or Social Network *

Country *

Submission Deadline
* The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday, October 14, 2011.
* Proposers will be notified no later than Monday, October 17, 2011.

Target Audience
* Government representatives * Policymakers * Lawyers * Technologists *
Academics and research scientists * Advocates, citizens and journalists

What Are Lightning Talks?
Lightning Talks are brief, 6 minute presentations that focus on a single
topic, example, idea, project, or technique. Lightning Talks attempt to
cover 1-2 facets of a subject and by no means comprehensive or
exhaustive. Your idea should be clear and succinct, providing URLs for
further information, as appropriate. We are seeking Lightening Talks
that push the boundaries of “common sense” and interrogate ideas and
preconceptions through the effective use of text, sounds, and images.
Preference will be given for Lightening Talks that describe a specific
case study as opposed to research or general best practices. Those who
are accepted will be asked to send prior to the conference slides or
materials to display to highlight and underscore the points in your
presentation. In a Lightning Talk, the presenter makes a point and
explains it as quickly as possible, addressing such questions as * Why
does this matter? * What are the benefits of examining the topic? * Call
to Action: Here is what we have done ... * Here is what we should be
doing more of ... * Why we failed or succeeded using this approach? *
Here's a useful method/pedagogy that "worked" or did not work ... * Why
X looks like a mistake, but isn't * What it's like to do ... * A funny
thing happened to me on the way to... * We need research in ... Speakers
should be prepared for a quick Q&A session. Please include your contact
details at the conference so interested parties can follow up with you
in person or after the conference! For further information on giving
Lightning Talks access:
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/07/30/lightningtalk.html