[okfn-dev] Annotator Permissions plugin API

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Feb 23 12:02:04 UTC 2011

Very excited about this!

Don't know if it helps but here are a few use cases:

  * I'm a lawyer and I want to share comments on a legal text with 1
or 2 other people
  * I'm an academic and I want to use the system for my own private
annotations on a public domain texts, which I may wish to share with
my graduate students at some point
  * I'm working on a research project and I want to create annotations
which everyone can see, but which only people in my project can edit
  * I'm working on a distributed research project with lots of other
researchers in a field. I want to allow researchers in my network (not
all of them who I'll know) to edit a reasonably large collection of
texts (e.g. 100-400 texts)

Can think up plenty more if useful. ;-)

J.