[okfn-dev] Annotator update.

Aron Carroll aron.carroll.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:37:52 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Another update on progress made with the Annotator. This past week has been mainly focused on bug fixes and documentation; as well getting the bookmarklet ready for beta testing.

The bookmarklet demo has now moved over to a GitHub hosted page <http://okfn.github.com/annotator/bookmarklet/> where it is hooked up to a demo account on annotateit.org. We've had some last minute changes to the way users are stored so it currently doesn't allow updates or deletion of annotations.

The documentation is now well underway and most of the source code is now documented and the wiki has "getting started" and plugin pages to help users get up and running with the Annotator <https://github.com/okfn/annotator/wiki>.

This week we're looking to get a homepage up on annotateit.org and allow people to sign up for accounts so that they can use the bookmarklet properly. We're also thinking about creating a quick screencast illustrating how to use the bookmarklet. If anyone fancies having a go at this we'd appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Aron