[okfn-labs] Violence's portrait (retratodaviolencia.org)

Velichka Dimitrova velichka.dimitrova at okfn.org
Thu Aug 2 13:42:41 UTC 2012

Hi Vitor,

Congratulations! This is a really cool project - I was thinking we should
maybe announce it with a short blog post on br.okfn.org?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Vitor Baptista <vitor at vitorbaptista.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A couple friends and I participated in decoders-rs, an opendata
> competition sponsored by w3c and the government of Rio Grande do Sul (RS, a
> brazilian state) last week. We ended up winning the first place with our
> entry, Retrato da Violência: http://retratodaviolencia.org/.
>
> Our visualization was inspired by http://italia.yourtopia.net/ and
> http://www.ondeacontece.com.br/seguranca/RS. We've used only
> javascript/html, hosting on github pages.
>
> So far, there's only data about RS, but I've already asked the same data
> for other states. It would be interesting to add other countries as
> well. The code is in https://github.com/vitorbaptista/retrato-da-violencia
> .
>
> Cheers,
> Vítor.

Velichka Dimitrova
Project and Community Coordinator for Labs
Coordinator for Economics and Energy Projects
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfnlabs.org/ | http://openeconomics.net