[okfn-labs] Violence's portrait (retratodaviolencia.org)

Vitor Baptista vitor at vitorbaptista.com
Thu Aug 2 17:08:15 UTC 2012

Hello,

2012/8/2 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>

> Very nice! Do you have a format you need the data in? If we could get
> stuff like this elsewhere we could do for other countries too!

The json that we're using is
https://github.com/vitorbaptista/retrato-da-violencia/blob/gh-pages/data/dados_estupros.json.
For the map, we've simply downloaded RS's map in svg from Wikipedia and
loaded it there, so we might not be able to reuse this.

The format of the data is not very important, just the kind of data
available. For this visualization, we would need the age of
victim/aggressor, region, place where it happened (house, streets, etc),
and time of the day.

> (btw, i've just made sure you are an owner of this OKFN-Br org and
> able to push to OKFN repos on github)

Great! :-)

Cheers,
Vítor.