[okfn-labs] data-converters repo

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Aug 7 17:51:56 UTC 2012

I like starting from the UI. Note that something like
http://shancarter.com/data_converter/ solves 80% of the data
conversion problems that non-tech users face, with the possible
extension that it would be nice to turn JSON or XML into CSV.

On the other end, you could say that the primary user for
data-converters will be CKAN data preview - but here the question is:
do you really want conversion or just "simplest possible rendering" -
i.e. whats the point of coercing SHPs into JSON if all you want is to
do a preview?

Cheers,

 - Fr.