[okfn-labs] cluster makers support for leaflet

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Aug 16 10:23:55 UTC 2012

On 16 August 2012 09:50, Maurizio Napolitano <napo at fbk.eu> wrote:
> I love OpenLayers, but, i understand that in OKFN leaflet is more loved :)
> For this reason i point out a plugin for LeafLet with the support for the
> marker clusters
> https://github.com/danzel/Leaflet.markercluster#leafletmarkercluster
>
> If you have a lot of markers in a map, the performance of the browser begin
> to go down and the readability of the map is very hard.
> With a cluster function you obtain a marker with a number that explain the
> numbers of points behind.
> By using the zoom function the clusters change and the points are more
> readable.
> The plugin use a funny visualization: over the cluster there is the number,
> but, with the mouseover function show also a polygon to understand the area
> behind.
>
> Example here
> http://danzel.github.com/Leaflet.markercluster/example/marker-clustering-realworld.388.html

This is great!

> I opened a issue for the okfn dashboard here
> https://github.com/okfn/dashboard/issues/36

Thanks The current set up does not have great UI *plus* we have do a
bunch of hacking on the location fields to avoid them all being in the
same place (since we geocode people's location, 100 people in London
results, without the hack, in a 100 people with *exactly* the same
lat/lng).

Rufus

> I hope to find time to write a patch to propose.
>
> Ciao

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation