[okfn-labs] Some general question about PyBossa

Maarten Brinkerink mbrinkerink at beeldengeluid.nl
Mon Jul 16 12:46:44 UTC 2012

Dear all,

As a result of a brainstorm with some Dutch heritage institutions, I would like to ask a few general questions about the PyBossa framework. Disclaimer: I'm not a developer, so please forgive me my lack of technological knowledge.

Question one: Can PyBossa currently be used to set up a crowdsourcing project to collect 'free tags' (for still images)? The current examples based on PyBossa - as far as I am aware - seem to focus on 'assignments' with fixed answers.

Question two: Can PyBossa currently export data to - for instance - an API of a collection database?

Question three: Can an institution that uses PyBossa for a crowdsourcing project currently monitor the contributions of an individual logged in user?

Thanks in advance for you reply! Please let me know if I need to elaborate on my questions.

Best regards,

Maarten Brinkerink