[okfn-labs] okfnlabs.org

Tom Rees zephod at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:05:09 UTC 2012

Well currently it's a Jekyll site with one "blogpost" for every project.
Repo here:
https://github.com/okfn/okfn.github.com

For a bit of fun I wrote a generator script which reads our registry
spreadsheet (
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al6mO9_3Hr2PdGhHVDBCYmQ5QWN5ZDROLU9yMUswQVE)
extracting the name/description/etc of the projects with OKFN Labs = True
and creating those blogpost entries.

It all needs cleaning up, and that's something I can do this afternoon. I
will:
* Add the generator script to the repository
* Tidy it up and generate a useable project list (dropping the Working
Groups etc which shouldn't be listed)
* Tidy up the site front-end in its current format (Nick: It totally does
look like a teenager's half baked project)

I've been crazy keen to use this site to aggregate things like GitHub feeds
and mailing list activity. Hosted on a static GitHub server, though, might
be a limitation. Maybe there's a future in turning the site into a Flask
app deployed on one of our EC2 servers. Just putting it out there.