[okfn-labs] where is the data - is labs / services interested?

Tom Rees tom.rees at okfn.org
Tue Oct 23 12:18:05 UTC 2012

One other product in our ecosystem of experiments and legacy things is
http://getthedata.org/, which is a Q&A site with some voting power (based
on OSQA). It never gained a great deal of traction. Clearly it's related,
though, and we should understand why it never took off before trying
another similar experiment.

My $.02: Embedding a feature like this in a region-specific site (like
africaopendata.org) will be more relevant to users and likely gain more
traction than general-purpose global efforts like getthedata / isitopendata
/etc.

My other $.02: "Question is: will reinventing the wheel take less time than
force adapting an already existing one." -- how many more programmers will
need to learn the answer to this the hard way? (I suspect 100% :-)

Tom Rees
Technical Lead
Open Knowledge Foundation
http://okfn.org