[okfn-labs] Open Source Framework storing Geodata

Maurizio Napolitano napo at fbk.eu
Tue Apr 16 14:00:16 UTC 2013

Togheter with the solutions added from the other people in this mailing
list, i add also geonode
Geonode is a python web application designed to store and distribute
geodata with a very nice management of users and groups compliant with
the OGC protocols (there is geoserver behind).
An example is http://haitidata.org

My short opinion about the other solutions of this thread
CartoDB is a great application to store, analyze and create maps online.
CKAN is a great application to store generic data with a very nice focus
on the goedata topic
OpenStreetMap presents a very powerfull stack of applications to store
and manage geodata related the osm community.

Ciao