[okfn-labs] ANN: http://data.okfn.org/ - Frictionless Data - Making it as simple as possible to get the data you want into the tool of your choice

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Apr 24 14:18:11 UTC 2013

Congrats on the nice explainers for the various components! I am wondering
though whether most of this shouldn't go to dataprotocols.org?

The way it's set up now, data.okfn.org serves three distinct purposes, two
of which relate to process (tools and standards), while the third (the
actual data) is about the contents - i.e. its a very different discussion.
I feel like there's a natural tendency for any process debate ("can this be
GeoJSON, too?") to drown out the content debate ("which data are we missing
here?").

That, of course, doesn't mean that data.okfn.org shouldn't serve as a
testing ground for the process established on dataprotocols.org.

Cheers,

 - Friedrich