[okfn-labs] [ANN] Annotator v1.2.9 released

Nick Stenning nick.stenning at okfn.org
Mon Dec 2 23:31:21 UTC 2013

Dear all,

We've just released Annotator v1.2.9, a maintenance release which is
intended to be the one of the last in the v1.2.x series.

I had been hoping that v1.2.8 would be the last of the v1.2.x's, but
unfortunately I discovered that we had some fairly significant packaging
issues with the v1.2.8 release and so you're warmly encouraged to
upgrade.

Changes from v1.2.8 include:

## Fixed

- Fixed several minor bugs relating to notification display.
Notification levels are now correctly removed after notifications are
hidden. Thanks to Jared Hirsch for reporting and Jared and Randall Leeds
for fixing. (See #200, #207).
- Fixed a major packaging error in v1.2.8. The Annotator source files
were not correctly wrapped in a closure, and so exported many more
tokens than intended to the page namespace.

As always, the latest release of Annotator is available on GitHub:

  https://github.com/okfn/annotator/releases/tag/v1.2.9

And you can use the following URLs to load Annotator into your web
pages. First for separate Annotator core and plugins:

  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.9/annotator.min.js
  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.9/annotator.min.css
  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.9/annotator.<pluginname>.min.js

Or for the "kitchen sink" distribution of Annotator:

  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.9/annotator-full.min.js
  http://assets.annotateit.org/annotator/v1.2.9/annotator.min.css

Best wishes,
The Annotator Maintainers (Nick and Randall)

P.S. If you've contributed to Annotator, either recently or a long time
ago, I hope you'll be pleased to learn that as of this release, a full
list of contributors can now be found in our AUTHORS file:
https://github.com/okfn/annotator/blob/master/AUTHORS. This is long
overdue, and I hope you'll forgive our oversight in not doing this
sooner.