[okfn-labs] London Open Data Maker Night #8 - Tuesday, 7th January 2014

Andy Lulham a.lulham at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 18:30:02 UTC 2013

Dearest labs colleagues!

I don’t know about you, but my 2014 diary is *empty*! The apocalypse
could happen and I wouldn’t miss a thing. Well, London Open Data Maker
Night is here to change all that and give us some hacking to look
forward to in the new year.

If you'll be in the London area on 7th January, do pop along to C4CC
(near Kings Cross) where we’ll be making apps and insights with open
data. The event runs from 6:30pm, but it’s fine to drop in any time
during the evening.

More details here:
http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/London-GB/1076632/

As with previous nights it is kindly hosted by the Centre for Creative
Collaboration. Please share this invite with relevant folks and
mailing lists!

Regards,

Andy Lulham and Rufus Pollock

### What

Open Data Maker Nights are informal events focused on "making" with
open data – whether that's creating apps or insights. They aren't a
general meetup -- if you come, expect to get pulled into actually
building something, though we won't force you!

### Who

All are welcome. The events usually have short introductory talks
about specific projects and suggestions for things to work on – it’s
absolutely fine to turn up knowing nothing about data or openness or
tech as there’ll definitely be an activity for you to contribute to
and someone to guide you in helping out!

More about Open Data Maker Nights and Parties at
http://okfnlabs.org/events/open-data-maker/­