[okfn-labs] OpenPlaceDatabase.org

Justin York justincyork at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 14:52:05 UTC 2013

Yes, we have seen Open Historical Map but because the site was down we
weren't able to see learn much about what they were trying to accomplish
nor what data they already had. We're making the assumption that it's just
going to be a historical version of OSM which is a much broader goal than
we have. At this time, we're not interested in roads, ways, or points of
interest -- just political boundaries and the location of cities.