[okfn-labs] OpenPlaceDatabase.org

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Thu Dec 19 11:55:47 UTC 2013

This is a really interesting project.

I'm currently wrestling with historical place data - trying to sort out
pre-1914 English & Welsh parishes and historic counties. If I find
anything useable, I'll pass it on.

Are you aware of the Open Historical Map?
http://www.openhistoricalmap.org/ (Site currently offline)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Historical_Map

John

--