[okfn-labs] How to harvest scans from BL?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Dec 20 22:03:31 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 10:00 PM, Enric Garcia Torrents wrote:

> For what I see the Item Viewer image is made of a collection of jpgs.
> If I am not wrong, they have cut the pages into small sections. The
> problem is not that much scrapping those sections, but putting the
> pieces back together to reconstruct each page. As an example, here are
> several pieces of the 10th page of the book of your link:
>
> http://access.bl.uk/IIIFImageService/ark:/81055/vdc_000000011B9A.0x00000A/0,2048,1028,1028/pct:25/0/native.jpg

Thanks a lot! Now it's easy. Just order one huge tile,
http://access.bl.uk/IIIFImageService/ark:/81055/vdc_000000011B9A.0x00000A/0,0,3028,3028/pct:100/0/native.jpg

The resulting image is the 1807 x 2764 pixel image,
not the 3028 x 3028 section that is requested.

At 300 dpi, that is 6 x 9 inches, the full book page.

The last /0/ is apparently rotation, where /90/ returns
an image rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/