[okfn-labs] How to harvest scans from BL?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Dec 21 14:40:31 UTC 2013

On 12/21/2013 11:57 AM, McGregor, Nora wrote:
> RE: [okfn-labs] How to harvest scans from BL?
>
> If you're talking about all the scans from the Flickr Commons 1
> Million Public domain release

Yes, it is. I have now written to Ben, who is on
holiday, and I'm looking forward to any feedback
when he's back.

Meanwhile, I have found out how to download
the scanned pages in full resolution, and the
resulting book is found here,
http://runeberg.org/elfsyssel/
where the British Library is credited as the
source of the scanned images.

Here's one page, the preface, that has now
been proofread,
http://runeberg.org/elfsyssel/0009.html
There's one HTML page per book page,
all in HTML 4.0 in a design from 1998.
If you scroll down, you will find the text
below the scanned image, and a link to
the page history,
http://runeberg.org/rc.pl?action=history&src=elfsyssel/0009

If you were to ever google some words from
that page, e.g.
https://www.google.com/search?q="Denna+uppmaning+genom+tidningarne+offentliggjord"
you will find this page, and nothing from the
British Library or Google Books.

That's a little background to my question.

--
   Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/