[okfn-labs] Crowdcrafting + reference lists = crowdsource lists of stuff?

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Feb 25 17:31:14 UTC 2013

I think this is a fantastic idea, Jonathan and from my experience working
with NGOs, this would be super useful.

For example, when I was in Romania, many organisations were of the opinion
that the only way to get the information they required was not to submit a
Freedom of Information request but to talk to individuals specifically, but
the government did not regularly publish lists of these people with their
contact information. And yet, NGOs waste many hours spreading these details
by word of mouth...

Similarly, when I interned in Ukraine, I was handed off from person to
person in a wild goose chase whenever I called a Ministry...

Perhaps, starting with a list of ministries / public bodies and allowing
people to put in who they contacted for what and how they got hold of them
would be a possible project?

My 2cts - would love to try something like this...

Lucy