[okfn-labs] Reclie CSV Viewer - Chrome Browser Extension

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jan 16 10:27:53 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Before Christmas I put together a Google Chrome Browser Extension for
viewing CSV files directly in the browser using Recline:

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/recline-csv-viewer/ibfcfelnbfhlbpelldnngdcklnndhael>

I've now used it successfully for a few weeks (and others have too) so
it is functional.

I'd love to hear any feedback from anyone trying it out - especially
if you encounter problems or have suggestions for improvements (either
on-list or via issue tracker - see below)!

This was my first Chrome extension and while fully working there are
many improvements that can no doubt be made such as:

* Handle all CSV files (those with mimetype text/csv) not just files
linked with extension .csv
<https://github.com/rgrp/chrome-csv-viewer/issues/4>
* Better handling of large files
<https://github.com/rgrp/chrome-csv-viewer/issues/5>
* A firefox version (@nigelbabu :-)!)

Source code and issues can be found on github here:

<https://github.com/rgrp/chrome-csv-viewer>
<https://github.com/rgrp/chrome-csv-viewer/issues>

Regards,

Rufus