[okfn-labs] Open Courts went live in Slovakia

Matej Kurian kurian at transparency.sk
Tue Jul 30 11:51:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

Open Courts (http://bit.ly/OpenCourts for google translate; otherwise
www.otvorenesudy.sk), a project co-developed by Transparency Slovakia
went live yesterday. To my best knowledge, it is one of the first
portals dealing with bringing easy access to judicial data and some
comparison on justices' performance.

The site brings at least 5 different data sources together and provides
easy access to profiles of judges, courts as well as more than 500k
rulings, all of them searchable. As on Open Contracts, users can create
notification for new data, based on their preferences.

See a short roundup in the Slovak Spectator -
http://spectator.sme.sk/articles/view/50797/10/tis_new_website_casts_light_on_slovak_judiciary.html

Open Courts run on Ruby and the code is available here:
https://github.com/otvorenesudy

We are also looking into potential partnerships/grants to continue our
works on the project.

Let me know what you think!

Best,
Matej