[okfn-labs] PublicBodies.org update - revamped site and more

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 24 13:19:26 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I wanted to give folks a quick update on progress with PublicBodies.org (to
follow up the last
update<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-labs/2013-May/000868.html>
).

*1. http://PublicBodies.org/ now a proper webapp (and much shinier)*
*
*
PublicBodies.org is now a simple node.js
webapp<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies> running
on heroku. It also has a much shiner
*
*
This improvements is *all thanks to Labs member Rowan
Crawford<http://okfnlabs.org/members/wombleton/>
* - huge props to Rowan for his contribution here!

Next up in site improvements will be adding
search<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/3>
.

*2. Pushing (and pulling) data to
Nomenklatura.org<http://nomenklatura.okfnlabs.org/>
*

We want to push the list of entities to nomenklatura to allow people to do
easy reconciliation and we'd also like to pull stuff if the list gets
updated. (More details in this
issue<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/2>
)

As an example, David Read has pushed up UK public bodies:
http://nomenklatura.okfnlabs.org/uk-public-bodies

*3. More data!*

We've got a bunch of additional data to go in contributed by a whole set of
folks<https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues?direction=desc&labels=Data&page=1&sort=updated&state=open>
.

We've partially blocked on this as we are thinking about a (small) rework
of the schema <https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues/29> - in
particular, to align more with popolo work! Once that is done we should
have several more jurisdictions going in.

As always, contributions are very welcome whether in the form of new data,
suggestions for improvements or coding on the site (there are plenty of
open issues <https://github.com/okfn/publicbodies/issues>).

Regards,

Rufus