[okfn-labs] [fyi-relevant-tech] HyperDex - NoSQL with transactions and ACID ...

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Mar 29 15:13:12 UTC 2013

Aside: I think folks (including me) feel somewhat shy about sending
this kind of info through to the list (maybe this is very old news!)
so I imagine others feel this too. As it is super useful to get this
kind of info. I'm therefore suggesting that if people come across some
relevant piece of tech they can tweet @okfnlabs or dump links / items
in this gdoc:

http://bit.ly/labs-roundup/

If volume merits, we could then wrap some of this up into e.g. a once
monthly roundup (the School of Data "Data Roundups" are a great
example of this kind of thing -
<http://schoolofdata.org/category/data-roundup/>)

Rufus

## HyperDex

http://hyperdex.org/ - The Next-Generation Key Value Store
http://hyperdex.org/warp/ - HyperDex + ACID

https://github.com/rescrv/HyperDex

<quote>
HyperDex is the next generation key-value store with a wide array of
features. HyperDex may be a good fit for you if your application needs
to:

Perform atomic transactions over multiple objects, in a fast, scalable
NoSQL data store.

- Store rich datatypes such as strings, integers, floats, lists, maps, and sets.
- Search and retrieve objects efficiently by secondary attributes.
- Ensure that your data is up to date at all times with strong
consistency guarantees.
- Protect your data against a configurable number of simultaneous failures.

HyperDex's key features -- namely its rich API, strong consistency,
and fault tolerance -- provide strong guarantees to applications that
are not matched by other NoSQL systems.

Of course, if the data is rarely modified, or it has no consistency or
fault-tolerance requirements, HyperDex may not be for called for,
though it still outperforms other NoSQL stores that provide weaker
guarantees.
</quote>