[okfn-labs] crowdsourcing platform for academic journals

SHEN Liang shenzhuxi at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:42:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfpjwzLd5bUdEY5MF9KUmROaW1WZklOYmoweEtZakE&usp=sharing
is a list of 14266 journals' feed from http://www.journaltocs.ac.uk/
several years ago and they've stopped releasing it.

I think it will be very useful to have a crowdsourcing platform like
wikipedia for academic journals, so I imported this list into Drupal.
http://shenzhuxi.com/journals is a quick prototype and I'd like to
hear more suggestions.

wikijournal.org seems to be the best domain name but it's not available.

More fields like website url, impact factor (not sure about the
copyright), publication frequency, Open Access, RSS/ATOM and etc. will
be good to be added and maintained by the community.

Also It will be nice to dump all the journal feed items from Google
Reader (https://code.google.com/p/pyrfeed/wiki/GoogleReaderAPI) and
collect regularly in the future. Since Google Reader will be closed
soon, I talked about the historical data with JournalTOCs
https://twitter.com/JournalTOCs/status/312180502184476672, but they
don't have.

Liang