[okfn-labs] okfnlabs rebranding

Gregor Aisch gregor.aisch at okfn.org
Tue May 28 23:07:06 UTC 2013

Oh no, what happened to the dark & wam & geeky okfnlabs theme?

To me the new look feels rather cold and emotionless, like a bright, windowless office room illuminated with neon tubes, lacking any sign of personality and human life. Not a fun place to hang around and hack on interesting stuff, but a serious place to do serious work on (probably boring) projects.

While I see that this is formally correctly representing the OKF corporate identity, the design has moved far away from attracting geeks and hackers, which I thought used to be the purpose of of the site.

Best,
Gregor