[okfn-labs] okfnlabs rebranding

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed May 29 15:07:01 UTC 2013

On 29 May 2013 04:55, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone please post a screenshot of the old version?  I clearly
> didn't pay enough attention to it to remember what the differences are.
>  BTW, clean design is not "anti-hacker."  Have volunteer (as opposed to
> paid) hacking dropped off significantly since the change?
>
> My feedback on the current version:

Great feedback. BTW you can open issues so these get tracked:
https://github.com/okfn/okfn.github.com/issues

Also, and this goes for anyone, if you want to make fixes you can: the site
is just a jekyll-based github pages site. Just fork the repo
https://github.com/okfn/okfn.github.com and submit a pull request!

> - main page is too long -- I don't need to see blog posts from the summer
> of 2012

Easy fix - please open an issue.

> - logo doesn't work at icon res (looks fine full res) and, I think, is
> squished horizontally

Hmmm does not happen to me in chrome. Definitely must fix. Please open an
issue with browser details ...

> - projects page just spins forever "loading data"

Hmmm. JS issues. See this issue
https://github.com/okfn/okfn.github.com/issues/39 - we plan to get rid of
JS load ...

> - events page lists 6+ month old events from 2012

We should start running this off blog posts.

Rufus
*

*