[okfn-labs] Any liberally licensed PyBossa examples?

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Sep 13 16:37:24 UTC 2013

On 13/09/13 06:53 AM, Tom Morris wrote:
> Are there any PyBossa example apps which don't carry a restrictive
> license?  I keep thinking I'd like to build/improve an app for folks,
> but if I invest the time, I don't want the results to be restricted in
> their usage.  All the examples I've been able to find are GPL v3.

The GPLv3 is intended to prevent the results from being restricted in
their usage.

For web services this doesn't work so well. You can restrict access to
the source code quite happily under the GPLv3 as users of the software
do not "receive" it.

So either way, the examples being GPL v3 isn't a problem.