[okfn-labs] [okfn-discuss] suggestion re. "drill down" for time series with non-homogenous coverage

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi Michael - following your indication I am extending this also to labs, so
apologies for cross-postings.

>Andrea,
>

>Very good question - I'd pose it over at okfn-labs as well (more techies
>there).
>
>Could you sketch out the workflow. E.g. will I first select (a) sensor(s)
>then the timespan?
>
>Michael

In the ideal "storyboard", I would like to show a grid with sensors on one
axis, and years in the other axis, so that a user can have an immediate
appreciation for the distribution of the data in time.

clicking on a grid cell would lead to monthly level of detail (still
keeping the sensors on one axis, and finally clicking on a month would show
a daily level of detail).

Hope this helps