[okfn-labs] Netiquette Guidelines (was Data Package (datapackage.json) validator improvements)

Alioune Dia dia.aliounes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:44:19 UTC 2014

Hi stef ,
Sorry  if I offend you , But My email was not only destinated to Rufus ,
but all of members who  worked on the dataprotocols and schema validation
,  to give  us a great  standard , to work together . My Email was
destinated to the community not only to Ruffus. By The way , if you think I
violated the rfc 1855 convention .I am very sorry for that , And I will
take some time to check it. Don't worry :) ! . As Rufus Said We are all
working in our respectives countries ,  to make open data an reality:).

> tl;dr this is not about alioune, but okfn neglecting the education of new
> contributors. sorry alioune for you being singled out in this case.
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 06:05:25PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> > A. Big +1 to Tom that we do indeed want this to be a friendly place
> > especially for newcomers
>
> totally agreed! but that should not have an averse effect on the older
> members, right?
>
> anyway alioune is no newcomer on the lists, he's been violating rfc1855
> for at
> least a year (did not datamine the archives), and noone of okfns many
> community managers took the time to kindly and gently introduce him or the
> other violators to the ways of how to be polite online.
>
> anyway, it's not only alioune but lot's of others on all the okfn
> mailinglists, and i feel very motivated to write an rfc1855 lint checker -
> will probably announce it here when it's done
>
> > community - please keep the comments coming Alioune!
>
> please keep *relevant* comments coming.

> > and hence being a bit liberal - and if we start to have problems we can
> > revisit :-)
>
> i'd like to see some of the many okfn community managers actually educating
> the community regarding such basic things if they're lacking - and making
> the
> mailinglists less pleasant because of being to tolerant with newcomers.
>
> --
> otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt

--Ad