[okfn-labs] Netiquette Guidelines (was Data Package (datapackage.json) validator improvements)

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Wed Aug 27 10:17:21 UTC 2014

tl;dr this is not about alioune, but okfn neglecting the education of new
contributors. sorry alioune for you being singled out in this case.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 06:05:25PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> A. Big +1 to Tom that we do indeed want this to be a friendly place
> especially for newcomers

totally agreed! but that should not have an averse effect on the older
members, right?

anyway alioune is no newcomer on the lists, he's been violating rfc1855 for at
least a year (did not datamine the archives), and noone of okfns many
community managers took the time to kindly and gently introduce him or the
other violators to the ways of how to be polite online.

anyway, it's not only alioune but lot's of others on all the okfn
mailinglists, and i feel very motivated to write an rfc1855 lint checker -
will probably announce it here when it's done

> community - please keep the comments coming Alioune!

please keep *relevant* comments coming.

> and hence being a bit liberal - and if we start to have problems we can
> revisit :-)

i'd like to see some of the many okfn community managers actually educating
the community regarding such basic things if they're lacking - and making the
mailinglists less pleasant because of being to tolerant with newcomers.

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt