[okfn-labs] New discussion forum for Labs - http://discuss.okfn.org/

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Tue Oct 7 02:10:15 UTC 2014

If it was a mistake to use okfn.org instead, that was a good one.

As someone has shown me this software coincidently in the same day Rufus
showed me this forum, I've  already suggested
<http://discuss.okfn.org/category/network-and-community> that we use it for
more general discussions.

I'll check at the local coordinators mailing list.

Tom

> Rufus,
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:22:15AM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> > On 11 September 2014 10:20, Michael Bauer <michael.bauer at okfn.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Rufus,
> > >
> > > Not to nitpick but shouldn't it be discuss.okfnlabs.org if it is labs
> > > specific? discuss.okfn.org sounds like a general open knowledge forum.
> > >

> > I think going forward it may not necessarily be Labs only - and
> generally I
> > think we wouldn't want to prematurely balkanize (e.g. I note Heather
> Leson
> > has started a topic on community skill-share which is a perfect example
> of
> > something that could be of broad interest).
>
> I agree there - though I'd frame it accordingly from the beginning.
>
> Michael
>

> --
> Data Diva | skype: mihi_tr | @mihi_tr
> Open Knowledge | School of Data
> http://okfn.org | http://schoolofdata.org
> GPG/PGP key: http://tentacleriot.eu/mihi.asc

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
http://br.okfn.org