[okfn-labs] Labs Q1 2015 Newsletter

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:15:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:02 PM, stef <s at ctrlc.hu> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 04:41:58PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> > > there's a mention of copyright treaties dataset in there.
> > > i provide this dataset for quite some years:
> > > https://classic.scraperwiki.com/scrapers/wipo_treaties/index.html
>
> > > https://classic.scraperwiki.com/scrapers/un_treaties/index.html
>

> i also noticed that scraperwiki is dead? how sad. but explains why i didn't
> get any mails from there about failing scrapers. good that someone else
> does
> the wipo treaties now, i don't have to do that anymore. however the other
> scrapers, i mourn. i guess, i'll have to scrape of the bitrot of those
> scrapers.

Yes, ScraperWiki was killed off some time ago.  "New" ScraperWiki is a
commercial-only service, with an entirely different infrastructure.

morph.io from the OpenAustralia Foundation appears to be attempting to fill
the gap.  The scraper that I migrated didn't run out of the box, but it
doesn't look like it would be too hard to get running (silly little changes
like using "data" for the default table name instead of ScraperWiki's
"swdata").

Tom