[Okfn-no] introduction - olav a. øvrebø

Olav Anders Øvrebø olav.ovrebo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 13:27:48 UTC 2013

Hi,
I have been working with open data topics for 4-5 years, as a
journalist and university lecturer at the University in Bergen. I
wrote a project report on open government data which was published in
2010, and helped organize a hack day in Bergen also in 2010, plus
started http://no.ckan.net - however this instance of CKAN has not
been updated for a while. The blog Fakta først, about data journalism
and open data, is a part of the web magazine Vox Publica which I edit
(http://voxpublica.no/seksjon/blogger/fakta-foerst/).

I think it's about time to start the OKFN chapter in Norway, as this
can help the different small "pockets" of open data communities find
each other, and I hope I can contribute to this.

Olav
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ovrebo