[Okfn-no] [Okfn-se] Nordic Open Data Ecosystem facebook group

Rikard Fröberg rikard at morus.se
Wed Apr 9 14:25:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

Great initiative!

A small request/question: It would be great if it'd be possible not to
close the group for non-members of facebook like myself, for reading. We
have one closed facebook group already here in Sweden, Open Government,
which I can't even read ;-) since it requires readers to be logged-in. Not
being able to partake in discussions is one thing, but I'd really like to
follow the discussion.

If that's possible, it would be appreciated. But maybe I'm the last one
standing without a facebook account :/ or maybe it is not possible to set
the group to public read-only for non facebookers. Hope it didn't hurt
asking anyway.

If anyone knows a workaround, for people who are not logged-in, that would
also be great!

Cheers!

Rikard

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM, miska knapek <contactmiska at knapek.org>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> A Facebook group Nordic OKF cooperation and collaboration has just been
> set up.
>
> You're all eminently welcome to talk local or Nordic collaboration here:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479602072253486/
>

> ( Yes, I realise it's facebook - I stayed off facebook until 6 months ago,
> as I'm, well, not the biggest of fans of companies like facebook. But,
> well, sometimes one needs to be able to do conversations in a forum where
> the public can see them.
> When an open source decentralised platform - eg. the
> http://dcentproject.eu/ platform is functional, we could swap to there.
>
> For the moment, for those not interested in using facebook, I send me your
> messages and i'll post them, and send you the replies.
> Hope that's some sort of workable compromise. )
>

>  Welcome ;)
>
> miska
>

> --
> miska michael knapek - your local illusionist (designer)
> mob. +358-50-320-2616
> web: http://knapek.org
> http://twitter.com/miskaknapek
> animations: http://vimeo.com/miska
> images: http://flickr.com/miska_too/sets
> code/github: https://github.com/miskaknapek

Rikard Fröberg, Rådgivare offentlig sektor
Morus konsult AB | http://morus.se | rikard at morus.se
0700 - 90 69 64  | 031 385 88 93