[Okfn-no] thoughts on the Nordic Cooperation calls?

miska knapek contactmiska at knapek.org
Mon May 26 09:14:53 UTC 2014

Dear Nordic bunch,

Hope you’re all doing well.

I regret that people were unavailable and that there was only three of us
during the last Open Knowledge Nordics online meetup. I guess it’s a busy
time of year for all of us.

In any event, I think there is much to gain from keeping contact and
collaborating. All projects start slow - but think there’s much good that
can come out of this collaboration. I’m not saying this because I’m getting
paid for this to succeed or that there’s some ego issue. I’m using my spare
time to try help openness projects, and I think this one can have a lot of
good in it.

In the Nordic countries we’ve got a lot of similarities that can help us
work together, and also different situations, which we can help to develop
knowledge and practices for open practice.
There's quite a number of projects coming up that we could collaborate on.
Already now OKF Finland and Sweden are collaborating on the FOIa platform
Froide (Iceland - teeempted yet?).

What do you guys think?

Does it make sense to continue collaborating?

What would you suggest that we do to improve the collaboration?

The next call should be on Wednesday the 4th June, 10:00 CET.

Hope people will be there.

yours,

miska